Saturday, July 28, 2007

Dos Birthday

In less than six weeks I will have a two year old. My mind is having trouble comprehending that. Wasn't it just yesterday that we brought our sweet little one home from the hospital? Everyone told me to enjoy it because they grow up fast and it is so true. Don't get me wrong I am loving my opinionated and stubborn little toddler but I miss my sweet, laid back baby boy too. The one who loved to cuddle with Mommy. Now I get slaps in the face and toys thrown at me, all in the name of love. So I am in the process of planning a birthday party. Today we went to party city to look at party themes. My goodness, there is sports, dinosaurs, Winnie the Pooh, Elmo, Thomas, Curious George, firetrucks, Tonka trucks, Bob the Builder, army, Cars, Spiderman, and so on. Tobey was really drawn to the Tonka section because there were little toy trucks on the bottom shelf that he pulled off and played with. I liked Curious George because Tobey reminds me of a little monkey these days and Thomas the Train because there was an adorable conductor hat. So I picked up a toy train and a Tonka truck and asked my son which he preferred. He just smiled at me and took both. Thanks for the help.

On a more serious note you must check out my friend Amanda's latest post, Thoughts on Temptation. What a great word of encouragement. I know that it spoke directly to my heart. Thanks Amanda for sharing so honestly what God has laid on your heart.

3 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

Seriously! I feel like we were just at his one year old birthday party last month when he was putting the moves on Ella!! We'll have to see if we can recreate that this year! :-)

Angela Baylis said...

Just a word of wisdom from another mother of two kids 21 & 22yrs old... It's so true that they grow up too fast! It seems like yesterday when mine were 2 years old! Cherish each moment!

I really like your blog! I just read through some of them. I think it's so neat that you are a RN in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. It takes a special person to do what you do!

Thanks for sharing!
Angie

pinkmommy said...

Trust me, it doesn't get any better. It was very serile when the Princess turned 3. Now she is starting preschool in a month. :(