Sunday, July 22, 2007

Parables of a Pedicure

My sister left Friday and I really miss her. We had such a good time. We saw three movies while she was here which was amazing because I have probably only seen three movies since Tobey was born. We went shopping, ate lunch out several times, visited a water park, and hung out with family. Of course we also swam and played cards and had scary movie night. I never watch scary movies because I am a chicken but Tina gives me a youthful confidence and she ends up laughing through most of the movie which makes it not so scary. The day before she left we met up with my friend Rebecca at La' Madeleines for lunch and went for pedicures after. The Tobester tagged along of course. He has never been to La' Madeleines and he loved the bread and jam. Tina and I were going to tag team during the pedicures but the lady at the front said he could just sit in my lap. I was a little hesitant but I agreed. What was I thinking. It was the most unrelaxing pedicure ever. Tobey started off well as he took in his surroundings and marveled at Mommy's feet soaking in the bubbly water. He had to take his shoes off and test it out too. Eventually the restfulness kicked in. I should have known better. I was so busy trying to keep him occupied and happy that I was oblivious to the massage chair I was sitting in and to the much needed leg and foot massage. By the time the girl started painting my toes I was screaming inside "Please hurry up!" While Rebecca and Tina had serene looks on their faces I was tense and sweating as I struggled to hold on to my little man as he decided he was tired of Mommy's lap and was ready to explore the salon. When we were done I let him down, he went straight for the stacked bottles of nail polish. I frantically but firmly said NO which resulted in hurt feelings, tears, and a I-will-just-throw-myself-on-the-floor tantrum. (By Tobey, not me) Oh, never again, never again. The experience was not a great one. However, my feet are callous free and oh so cute!

The moral of the story is: Do not drag your toddler into a salon especially if you are seeking a relaxing and rejuvenating experience!

3 comments:

pinkmommy said...

Yeah, I agree...the salon and kids don't mix. I took the Princess with me to get my hair cut once...that was the last time. She is no longer allowed to go. There are just some things that we just have to do alone.

Anonymous said...

Cass--I was laughing so hard reading about that--I could just picture you guys!! I was just browsing thru my yahoo account before I deleted it and found your email about your blog. I love it! --Monica

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I can't tell you how many times I've thought...well, I'll just hold Ava--easy enough, right? Worst pedicures ever!