Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Teena Weena

This has been such a fun week. My little sister Christina is here visiting me this week. She goes home on Friday but I am trying to not think about it and just enjoy our time together. She is my youngest sister at 16. The middle sister is Heather and she is 21. They moved to Birmingham, Alabama about 7 years ago and Christina has been coming to visit me every summer since. We usually see each other a couple of times throughout the year but those summer visits are our time. Her visits are so special to me. The only thing better would be to have both of my sisters here. Although we would all be fighting before the end of the week. Maybe it is the 12 and half years between us but I have always been so protective of Tina. Even now I am constantly hounding her about which colleges she will apply for and about keeping her grades up. I worry about her like she was my own child. She is a good kid although she has changed so much since last summer. I have been amazed each summer to see all the changes in my dear sister. My favorite was when she informed me one summer that she was Christina and did not want to be called Tina anymore. I still have trouble with that one and Tina slips out quite a bit. Last summer she still had a childlike quality but this summer she acts so grown-up. I have to remind myself she is growing up. The fact that she has a license and can drive and has a job just blows me away. From what I hear she is an absentminded driver like her big sister. My greatest fear is that she will stop wanting to come visit me as her life gets busier and busier. So far she hasn't and I hold on to our sweet memories each summer most of which involve playing cards or swimming.

I don't know if you will ever read this but thank you Tina for loving your big dorky sister. You are beautiful and I love you so much and I pray for you always. Thank you for all the great memories and laughing at me when I am silly, for taking time to spend time with me, and for being a great little sister. I love you Teena Weena.

5 comments:

pinkmommy said...

I have a little sister too. She is 21. She goes to school a ways away from home, so the summer is our time as well. I love getting to spend the summer with her. I get all my fashion sense from her. She is always the first one to try the new trend. If I like it on her, I will try it out.

Janelle and Ella said...

You and your sister have such a sweet relationship. I have loved seeing that for the past few summers.

Charity said...

Unfortunately, I am an only child. I wish I had a sister or even a brother to have that special bond with! That is so awesome that you guys are so close!

Also, I could not help but notice your Game Day t-shirt! My buddy and I taught the 3-4 year olds in VBS in June. We also did Game Day! Too fun!

Anonymous said...

Sisters are so great (sometimes!) =) I had fun with you and Tina today. I am having second thoughts on my toe color now. Ugh! But I can't take it off until the newness has worn off!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Your sister was so fun to jump in as a sub the other night! We loved having her at Bunco!