Thursday, March 27, 2008

Seattle Day 1


We woke Tobey up early Thursday morning and he was so excited as we sat in the living room and waited for Mimi and PawPaw to come and pick us up. When we arrived at our gate he perched himself in front of this window so he could watch the airplanes. He was in awe. He was such a good boy on the plane although he did not care for his seat belt. That was a major struggle. About 30 minutes into the flight Tobey decided to fill his diaper with some not so good stuff. I had to change him while he stood on the toilet in the airplane lavatory. That was an experience. We arrived in Seattle around noon and then met up with Jeff and Shanna at Dick's Drive-In. If you ever make it to Seattle you must get a hamburger at Dick's. Very tasty! Then we headed to their apartment where Rodney, Tobey, and I stayed. They have a little studio apartment and we were all very cozy but comfortable. Pat and Phil stayed right across the street in a Bed & Breakfast. It worked out perfectly. That evening we all went and saw Shanna's play while Tobey hung out with Jeff back at the apartment. The play did not start until 8pm and was 3 hours long. Our bodies were still on central time so even though we were in bed by midnight it felt much later. Then Tobey decided to wake up at 6:30am the next morning. I convinced him to snuggle up with me for almost an hour but we never really went back to sleep. That was rough. Rodney and I both were very tired that day and we had a full day of activity which I will get to in my next post. I have so many pictures and stories to post that I decided to spread it out in 5 posts. One for each day of our trip. So I am signing out for tonight and will pick up with day 2 tomorrow.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yeah! I can't wait to hear more!

Janelle and Ella said...

So exciting!! Good call on the spreading your posts out. It makes it easier for you and more enjoyable for us. :-)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Dick's burgers sound delicious!