Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bathroom Update

The bathroom is coming along slowly. Rodney got quite a bit done this last weekend. I have tried to be really good but I may have given him subtle hints to get a move on. He has worked really hard and I appreciate him so so much. I tried to talk him into hiring someone to lay the tile at least. That would still leave him with plenty of work to finish up. But he declined because he wants to do it himself. I think he wants to be able to look at the finished product and say "hey I did all that myself". He will do a great job so I don't mind either way. Tobey has had great fun helping his Daddy out and banging on the walls with his hammer.



All the sheet rock is up except for the last piece to cover the window.

Window covered and tiling began.

New lights!

New paint!

While Rodney worked on the bathroom Tobey and I rearranged his room. We took apart his crib and stored it for later use=) Then we moved the guest bed that he has been sleeping in for weeks into his room. The last several months he has gotten really bad about waking in the middle of the night and climbing into our bed. One night a couple of weeks ago he would not settle down and go to bed. We kept taking him back to his room. He finally fell asleep and when I went to check on him I found him in the guest room curled up in the middle of the bed. This became a nightly routine until we caved in and started bypassing his toddler bed altogether. He is sleeping much better so I guess he just outgrew his toddler bed and needed some more room. So we moved the bed into his room. We had to do some rearranging to get it in there but he loves it now. I love that he loves to sleep in his big boy bed. He still shows up in our room some nights but it is much better than before. Besides I don't mind snuggling in the wee morning hours with my little man. There will come a day when he will no longer snuggle with me so I will take it while I can.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

It looks SOOOOO cute! I love it! Now I am ready to do Jackson's!

Julie and Alberto Robles said...

Go Tobey go! Go Rodney go! (you can print out this comment to spur Rodney on.)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

The bathroom is looking so great! Maybe Rodney can finish it this upcoming long weekend???

And Tobey's bed is perfect! Looking at him so happy in that big bed is making me wonder if I should have bought Ava a full size instead of a twin.

Janelle and Ella said...

Cassi...it looks GREAT!!!! And I love Tobey's room!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the finisehd bathroom...and I can't believe Tobey is big enough for a big-boy bed...where has time gone.