Tuesday, August 12, 2008

FBCI-90's Style



Some friends of mine are organizing a reunion for our old youth group. I was digging through old pictures and found this one taken at youth camp. We have just come back to our cabin from playing Wacky Olympics. Wacky Olympics consisted of the silliest and messiest games such as Fat Bat. All the girls hated Fat Bat because you were bound to fall and get wet no matter what you did. In Fat Bat all the bases were kiddie pools filled with water and you couldn't help but bust at least once around the field. We also played Tug of War over a muddy pool of water. Slip-n-slide into muddy water, sand volleyball, and more. So you can see why we are all a little grimy in the picture. There were usually about ten teams with 8 or so members. You got points by winning the games of course but you also got points for spirit which included Bible verse memory, singing, and overall enthusiasm and good sportsmanship. Those were some really fun times. I loved my youth group and am so excited about catching up with everyone. These are the people I spent most of my high school years with. I could care less about my high school reunions but I wouldn't miss this one for anything.

2 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Fat Bat sounds awesome! I'm bringing that up at our next church picnic!

Julie and Alberto Robles said...

Fat Bat! Yes! Dizzy Izzy too! The Amoeba Race!!!!! In the nastiest lake ever! Holy moly! Why am I not in this photo?!?!?! I curse myself for ever dodging photo ops!