Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Recreation

Well the food was delicious and I stuffed myself silly. What more can I say? I have had my fill of turkey, stuffing and pecan pie. I am thinking Mexican food for Christmas. After the feast we headed outside into the frigid air. There was a serious game of yard darts going on. Tobey rode his 4-wheeler around Mimi's & Pawpaw's field. After about 45 minutes of this, he crawled into his red wagon, laid down, and snuggled up with a quilt. After he warmed up he decided he wanted to race. This is his new thing at Mimi's & Pawpaw's house. He stands against the fence on one side of the field and waits for your cue, "ready-set-go", and then he dashes off to the opposite side of the field. This time he had an opponent, his cousin Skylar, and she smoked him. He didn't seem to mind that he kept getting beat by a girl. He just kept running with a look of glee on his face. After we wore ourselves out with yard games, we went inside and warmed up with dessert and apple cider. Then we lounged around and watched the game. It was a perfect day, weather and all. We actually had some wintry mix blow through. Maybe it's a sign of snow for Christmas. That would be so cool!

Tobey and the 4-wheeler that travels 2 mph. Yet he will sit on it and just ride around in circles.



Yard darts. I had never played before and it is actually quite challenging. The goal is to throw a dart and try to stick it in a small circle about 30 feet away. I almost made it once.




Tobey playing around with his Auntie




Snuggling up in the red wagon



Ready, Set, Go!


Tobey's look of dismay at the wintry mix!


I left the festivities around 5pm and headed home to get ready for work. My house was so empty and quiet. I was able to sit down and have some quiet reflection with God that I so desperately needed. My younger brother called me this week and he laid some pretty heavy stuff on my heart. How thankful I am for my own salvation and for the word of God. Honestly without the word of God I could not have gotten through this phone call without caving in. I know this is pretty vague but it is just too personal for me. But I will say that my brother's soul is in torment and Satan has such a grip on his mind that he is blind to the truth. He is in such denial and my heart is breaking for him. I am going to call and talk with him again soon. Will ya'll just pray. That I will stand firm in the word, that my brother's eyes will be opened to the truth, and that God will move in mighty ways and change my brother's thinking. Thanks so much!

So on a lighter note........

I called home from work to check on Tobey Thanksgiving night and Rodney told me that he was so tired that he fell asleep at the dinner table. All that racing wore my little guy out!

3 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

My favorite picture is the one where Tobey is under a quilt in the wagon! Couldn't be cuter!

I will pray for your brother. Hang in there!

Charity said...

That picture of Tobey curled up in the wagon is ADORABLE!!!! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

I can relate to how you feel about your brother. I have someone in my family that is the same way. I will be praying!

Janelle and Ella said...

Too CUTE!! Snuggling in the wagon, the racing!! Looks like y'all had a fabulous Thanksgiving!!
I will be praying for your brother. You are an amazing sister!!