Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Blast from the Past


A couple of weeks ago one of my very good friends from high school was in town from Alaska. We met at a park and hung out one day. I got to meet her precious little daughter for the first time. It was a short visit with each other but I was so encouraged by seeing her again. Lori has such an amazing spirit about her. I just love her!

A few days later I attended the reunion for my old youth group. It was amazing and overwhelming to see all those faces from the past. My old youth ministers Rick & Angela came in from Colorado too. We had a huge potluck buffet and a slideshow with some very old and humorous pictures. Then the old group gathered on the bleachers in our church's gym and listened to Rick once again. He said some really sweet things to us and most of the girls teared up I am sure. It was amazing seeing all these little kids running around too. We have been busy in the last 12 years. It was a great day though and I hope we do it again.




Those are the most exciting things happening for us lately although we did celebrate Foxy Granny's 79th birthday on Sunday. She had a really nasty chest cold but she was in good spirits anyway. I love that things are slowing down a bit for us. The summer was really busy. Tobey and I have been staying around the house mostly. We are making a second attempt at potty training this week. I think I gave up too easily last time. This time I am just trying to stay positive and focus on the successes and ignore the many accidents. He actually did #2 in the potty today. So I focused on praising him for that and gritted my teeth as I soaked up pee from the carpet for the fourth time in a two hour time frame. Bless his little heart. I am also doing a precept Bible study on Genesis. I did part 1 last fall and now we are doing part 2. I am loving it. This is only the third week and God has revealed so much and reminded and encouraged me of so much. I can't wait to see what He has in store for the next 7 weeks.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, y'all had a really great turnout for your reunion. That is so neat!

Janelle and Ella said...

Your reunion looks and sounded so fun and special! That is a good group. I didn't know you guys back then but I was imagining all the fun stories you guys were all reliving together!

suzy said...

that is such a great picture of you and lori! Must be because of my photography skills... Haha. But really it's a good picture!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

What a neat reunion! So amazing you've all stayed connected, and all those people came!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

What a neat reunion! So amazing you've all stayed connected, and all those people came!