Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving at the Fire Station

We got to spend a very blessed Thanksgiving Day at the Fire Station. My father-in-law had to work so we brought the food to him and celebrated with him at the station. I knew Tobey was going to have a blast. He got to sit in a fire truck and hold the fire hose and spray water. He also got to see his Paw Paw leave in the fire truck three different times while we were there. The last time we had Thanksgiving at the station Tobey had just turned one a couple of months before. He actually took his first solo steps at the fire station that year. It is amazing how much he has changed in just two short years. He is such a little man and he loves his family. He was so excited that we were all together yesterday.  I worked the night of Thanksgiving Eve so I slept in on Thanksgiving day while Rodney made homemade macaroni-n-cheese and cookie dough brownies to take to the station. We headed over around lunchtime and feasted. The guys made it through lunch before they got a call for a dumpster fire. When they got back they parked the fire truck outside the station and let Tobey and another little girl who was there spray the hoses. Tobey was in awe. He is already mesmerized by his Paw Paw and now even more. Then we hung around outside and snapped lots of pictures. This is actually Phil's last Thanksgiving as a fireman as he will be retiring soon so I walked around and took pictures of him next to the firetruck. Then we headed inside and ate dessert and watched the game (of course). Tobey found a stash of suckers and handed them out to everyone. We stayed until almost 7pm and then came home and decorated our tree. I love this time of year and I am excited that we will be done decorating today. Rodney is about finished with the outside lights and we will have over a month to enjoy it all. I am off this friday night since I worked the Eve so we are taking Tobey to see the new movie Bolt this afternoon. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a very blessed time with family!

Sitting in the fire truck

Posing with Aunt Biz

Posing with Paw Paw

Posing with Daddy

After Paw Paw returned from putting out fires

Getting ready to spray the fire hose





family pics











Cuddling with Mimi

Stocking up on suckers (I especially enjoyed his little buddha belly in this picture)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Girl, you look so good! And all these pictures are fabulous. It sounds like you had an amazing time. What fun to celebrate Thanksgiving at the fire station. I did not know that Phil is retiring. When will that happen? Will you let me know when it gets close?

Becca said...

Such a beautiful family! What a special Thanksgiving spent at the fire station! Looks like you had a great time!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I love all the pictures! Especially the one of Phil and Tobey in the truck, and spraying the hose.

You look beautiful in that family picture! That should be your Christmas card!

And we saw Bolt during the holiday too! We all three loved it! I even teared up!

Janelle and Ella said...

You guys are the sweetest family!!! Sounds like it was a wonderful Thanksgiving. I always get teary eyed when I see pictures of Phil and Tobey. They are so precious.

C:M:W said...

Such cute pictures, Tobey is so big!!!!

MichaelandJaclynn said...

I found you!! Tobey is getting so big! He is still really cute :)

Jaclynn