Saturday, August 4, 2007

A Good Thing!

I haven't been blogging much lately. There has been alot going on. I have started working out at my new gym so that is taking some time away from the blog world. But it is well worth it. My son loves the gym more than I do. I have to drag him out of the kid's club area. I guess I should work out longer so he will have more time to play. I am glad he likes it though because i am liking it too. I can already feel a difference in my energy level and I have only been working out for a few weeks. I love the way I feel after I workout. I had forgotten about that exercise-induced exhilaration. It is a good thing!

Tobey just got over a bout of sinusitis and has finished his antibiotics. He has been in an exceptionally good mood ever since. We finally decided what we are getting him for his birthday. It is a play tent. I really think he will enjoy it.



I am more excited about this birthday then his first one. I think it is because his second year has been more challenging than the first year. Since his first birthday we have learned about food allergies. About a month ago we went to an allergist and his allergies were confirmed. Through blood testing we found out that he is still severely allergic to milk and eggs. We also found out he is allergic to dogs. We have been contemplating what to do about our Scooty.However, he is not allergic to bananas. Yea! We have avoided bananas for over a year now because we thought he was allergic. We have gone through teething, tantrums, falls and bruises, and busted lips. It has been much more exhausting than the baby stage. So his second birthday seems like such a milestone. Such a good thing!

3 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Love the tent! So cute!

And I love the feeling after a workout too. I hate the feeling right before, when I'm dreading going, but it's so worth it!

Murrell Family said...

I'm glad that you received confirmation about his allergies...that is such a tough thing.

I love the tent! He is going to enjoy that so much!

Janelle and Ella said...

Like Melissa, I'm glad you now know exactly what he is allergic to and what he is not. That must be somewhat of a relief.

Love the tent! Tobey is going to have so much fun in that.