Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New words

I think I have mentioned that I have been waiting for Tobey to have a language explosion. Well, I am still waiting. However he has learned five new words this week that he is repeating consistently. One is actually a phrase. He used to say what is or where is when he was looking for something. Now he sais where did it go (weeeear-di-i-GO) and when he finds it he sais there it is (THER-i-is). It is the cutest thing ever and I want to record it so that years from now I can play it back and hear his sweet baby voice. He is also saying duck and quack-quack. He now sais juice instead of just pointing. And his most favorite word this week is stuck. Everything is stuck and he repeats it over and over until mommy unsticks whatever is stuck. There is still alot of babbling going on that I just can't make out and I am sure he is saying something really important. I was getting a little worried about him even though I know boys tend to be a little slower than girls especially in languauge development. So I was a little relieved to hear some new words come out of his mouth. He is growing up so much. Even in just the last month I have noticed so many changes in him. We went for a walk this evening because it is absolutely beautiful outside. I am loving this cool weather. He was so well behaved during our walk. He didn't run away from me or refuse to hold my hand when we crossed the street. As we neared our house on the walk back he stopped and cried a little because he didn't want to go back yet. But I reasoned with him that it was getting dark outside and we needed to go in and see daddy. It worked and he came along without a fuss. I feel like the tantrums are gettting better. Believe me we still have them but when they do occur they seem to be less intense. I may be jinxing myself with that last statement.

I also have some really exciting news. My husband informed me today that we are going on our church's family ski trip and I am super excited. He said this will be our Christmas present to each other. That's a little disappointing but I am so ready to get away that I will take it. We have not been skiing in 4 years at least. I am so excited but a little nervous. I feel like I need to do some training to get prepared. I have slacked off from working out because it seems like either me or Tobey has been sick for the last month. So this will be great motivation to get back on the treadmill and shaped up for skiing. I love skiing and I love being in the mountains. Rodney and I went on our first ski trip together with our church when I was a just a sophomore in high school and he was a senior. We had been dating for almost a year. I did not know how to ski and let's just say I was very frustrated and not very nice about it. Part of me just wanted to take my skis off, hike down the mountain, and head home. But Rodney was such a patient teacher. By the end of the trip I fell in love with skiing and more in love with him. So there is nothing like being on the slopes and rekindling our young love for each other. That was pretty sappy but I am a sappy kind of girl. I know it will be a great time for us and I can't wait!

I will leave you with some cute pictures of my boy. The first one is of his electrifying hair do after wrestling around with daddy and the second is big boy with his big boy toothbrush.



3 comments:

Charity said...

Hey...there's nothing wrong with being sappy!! I am so excited for you! Y'all will have a blast!

I am impressed with Tobey using that big boy toothbrush! I don't know if Landon can be trusted with that yet!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

So jealous about your ski trip! I have totally been slacking at the gym too. I wish we were closer and could go together!

Janelle and Ella said...

I kind of teared up a little reading this post! Tobey is so sweet!! I love your family.

Heath and I also fell more in love on a ski slope after we had been dating for a year! I totally was feeling that part of your post.