Thursday, December 20, 2007

New Christmas Pals

Tobey made some new pals this week. On Sunday he befriended a kitty cat. We traveled to East Texas to celebrate Christmas with some of Rodney's family and they had a new kitten. She loved hanging out underneath the tree and that is where Tobey spent most of his time. I am glad that he doesn't know how to ask for a kitty cat yet because it would not be fun telling him no. Then last night he met Santa Claus. This is the first year we have taken him to see Santa. I was a little hesitant on the whole thing because I was afraid he was just going to cry and refuse to go near Santa. When we were the next ones in line I asked him if he was ready to see Santa and he said Yeah! very exuberantly. When it was his turn he took off running. I think the stuffed reindeer standing in front of Santa really helped. Although, once we set him up on Santa's knee he froze and refused to smile for the photographer. But he never cried. He is such a big boy. He saw a stuffed Santa today at Hobby Lobby and he ran up and hugged it. I can't wait for his first Christmas after Jesus becomes his pal. I am praying for that day already!




6 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so shocked that that kitty stayed there and let Tobey play with him! What a sweet cat! The Santa picture looks great. I love that Tobey hugged the stuffed Santa. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Janelle and Ella said...

I love his Santa photo!! It's adorable! And that is such a sweet story about him running up and hugging Santa!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Tobey's red sweater is so cute, especially with him petting the cat under the tree! Such a dapper boy!

Charity said...

How precious!!That picture of Tobey and the kitty checking each other out is too cute!!

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

Those pictures are great! My boys love Cats! Landon trys to pick them up and they usually let him. That's cool that he did well with Santa!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.