Monday, January 14, 2008

Growing up with the Gang

This past Saturday my friends and I hosted a baby shower for our friend Suzanne at my house. She is about six weeks from her due date and miserable but so beautiful. I was really tired because I had worked the night before but I had so much fun hanging out with my BFF's from high school. We have been friends through so much and we have fought like sisters but we always come back to each other. They are my gang and always will be no matter what. In a way they are like my sisters. We are all so different from each other and don't always see eye to eye but I love them fiercely and would do ANYTHING for them. That night after the shower I browsed through my old pictures and reminisced on all the good times we have had through the years. I thought I would share them. Suzanne, I know you will appreciate these.


We are posing at our church after youth camp. So many trips and activities we went on together. Youth camp, Acteens, mission trips, ski trips, winter retreats, disciple now, Sunday night fellowships. Those were the good ole' days!




The year is 1997 and we are high school graduates. (Kari, Mindy, Suzanne, me, and Melissa)


At my wedding shower!


My wedding rehearsal.


Mindy's rehearsal dinner.


Kari's wedding.


Melissa's wedding.


Suzanne's wedding.


And the latest, Suzanne's baby shower. I love this picture!

How far we have come from silly high school girls to wives and mothers!

"A friend loves at all times"
Proverbs 17:17

4 comments:

Charity said...

Those are some sweet pics! I also graduated in 1997!! How fun it is to travel down memory lane!! We are getting old you know!! I will hit the big 30 in October! Whew! Where does the time go!! Thanks for sharing!!

Also, thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

suzy said...

You almost made me cry... man, i look like a different person in almost all of those pictures... skinny one minute, tan another, fat another, lots of make up, no make up... i guess it's part of being a "water" sign... thank you so much for having us... and thanks for putting these pics up... i might steal a couple! Love ya!

Janelle and Ella said...

This is a very sweet post! It's making me want to dig out all of my shoe boxes that house all my old pictures. Y'all look like such a fun group of friends.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

What a great post about friends! I loved looking at each picture and seeing how each of you changed. Love your long hair!