Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Motherhood: The Ups and Downs

I believe I have the sweetest little boy in the world. I am sure all mothers think the same of their own children. However, this past week I did not think that I had the sweetest little boy in the world. In fact by the time Thursday rolled around I was quite ready to go to work and I met Rodney at the door with Tobey and a quick kiss goodbye. It was one of those days where everything I did was wrong and I just wanted my little boy to be happy. Blame it on his incoming molars but I think he was tired of his Mommy because he was a perfect angel for his Daddy that evening and the next morning. But as soon as I woke up, the whining began. Whining is such a negative word but he truly was whining. And I am the only one he whines to. Rodney and I already had plans to spend the night away for our anniversary on Friday night. Rodney's sister came and spent the night with Tobey at our house. I so needed a night away, not to work but to have fun and relax. And I did but Tobey crossed my mind every 5 minutes or so. As much as I enjoyed time alone with my husband I couldn't help but think of my boy. We got home Saturday afternoon. Tobey had spent the day with his PawPaw. When I walked in the door, Tobey's face lit up and he began jumping up and down and waving his arms. It was the sweetest homecoming ever. The past week melted away and I only wanted to be near my son. This was my Tobey. Exuberant, rambunctious, happy, loving his Mommy. I guess we both just needed a little break from each other.




1 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

Ella and I are having our first break from each other for 3 nights starting on Thursday! I'm really nervous. I don't know how my body is going to respond not having here there with me. But I'm pretty desperate for a break. I completely understand how you felt.