Thursday, May 17, 2007

Shoo Fly!

We are having a fly problem. I noticed it Monday night when I killed 3 flys in 3o minutes. One of which was huge and nasty. I hate flys! We don't even own a flyswatter because it has never been an issue before. I needed one this week. On Tuesday I was attacked by a fly that flew in my hair while I was sitting at the computer. What was he thinking? I swatted him good. There were several other casualties of the same sort throughout the day. That night while I was reading in bed I heard this bzzing noise but I could not find that darn fly. Even my Jack Russell was looking around the room. He checked under the bed for me and gave me one of his quizzical looks as if to say "I just don't know". I finally realized the sound was coming from my lamp. The fly was stuck under the lamp shade and could't seem to find his way out. I swatted at him several times as he tried to make his escape. Scooter got very excited and was running around the room barking. Then the room went dark. I hit the lamp a little hard and caused the bulb to burn out. That one got away and I didn't hear from him the rest of the night. Thankfully Tobey and I were out of the house all day on Wednesday but that evening I was reminded again of our fly problem. My husband and I were baffled at how they were getting into the house. He is in the process of redoing his office and all that is on the walls is sheetrock right now. I actually checked for holes. As I gathered the trash together before I went to bed last night I discovered the problem. Several months ago we moved the diaper pail to our sunroom. It is attached to the back of our house but not part of our heating and cooling system. We often leave the door to the backyard open during the day so Scooter can go in and out (we have a doggy door from the house to the sunroom). Anyway, as I stepped out into the sunroom, I noticed dead flies on the windowsill and a few around the diaper pail. And when I opened the diaper pail, well you can imagine... My sweet husband who usually takes the trash out had not emptied the diaper pail in a while. It was bad, real bad. The diaper pail received a good lysoling and I have only killed two flys today although I can hear one bzzzing right now....

1 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

That is hilarious!! Our diaper pail definitely gets pretty stinky as well.
By the way...I love your blog name, mamacass! So cute!