Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Yard Day and a helper

Tobey loves to help. I often call him my little helper. He is also learning valuable things while being a helper. He has learned how to throw his trash away, place his dirty dishes in the sink, and put his dirty clothes in the hamper. These have not become routine yet but he will do them if I ask. Hopefully they will stick and he will continue doing them into his teen years. He also likes to wipe the table and the floor clean because he sees me do that several times a day. We are working on helping Mommy put the toys away but he tends to just pull out as I am putting away. Well, he got to help his Daddy mow the yard for the first time and he was very excited about it. He received a toy lawnmower for his first birthday that I put up because he wasn't walking at the time and then winter came along and I forgot about it. I finally pulled it out and Tobey had so much fun. He was so excited when he realized that he was just like Daddy. I am sure Rodney will appreciate the day when Tobey can really help. While the boys worked on the yard, I had fun playing around with my new camera.


Our beautiful roses. They are really doing well this year.


Little helper pushing Daddy's lawnmower


My sweet hubby in his work hat


Such glee on his face


I'm just like Daddy


Okay, time to rest

3 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

So glad you figured out your comment problem. That is SO cute that he wants to be just like his daddy!!! And I can't wait until Ella can help me clean! That's awesome!!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Cassi...I love your new blog! I just got all warm & fuzzy seeing all the pictures of Tobey as a newborn! Such a sweetheart, and I can just picture him falling asleep dreaming of the biscuits and honey.

Anonymous said...

What make me laugh is Rodney's work hat! Greg has one, too!!! Greg's isn't a cowboy hat, but more of sun hat. I should take a picture of him wearing it. I am used to it now, but at first I thought it was quite funny.