Thursday, May 31, 2007

First Day at School

Tomorrow is Tobey's first day at Kid's Day Out and I am so excited for him and a little nervous. He has never done anything like this before besides the hour or two in the nursery on Sunday mornings. And more times than not I am recruited to help out in his classroom. So this is going to be a whole new experience for him. I know he is going to learn so much from the other kids. Plus it will allow me to get more than just an hour or two of sleep on Mondays after working at the hospital all night on Sunday. Oh, and I have big plans for Friday. A little bit of late "spring cleaning", a much needed trip to the dentist and women's doctor, a pedicure for sure, some window shopping, and I might throw in a real workout. Seriously, though I am thinking about joining a gym now that I will have some free time. It is time. Way past and beyond time. It will be nice to have some time to do things for me and not feel guilty about asking someone to keep Tobey. Although I do feel this slight guilt about starting Kid's Day Out. Tobey's school is 9-2:30. Since he usually sleeps til 9:30 or 10 every morning this might be a problem. I have been working on an earlier nightime schedule but it is slow progress because he has grown accustomed to staying up later with Mommy & Daddy. He really needs his 12 hours of sleep every night so I am trying to push his bedtime back to 8 or at least 8:30. We are slowly getting there. So to Tobey I say:

My dear little man,

I can't believe you are big enough for school. You are growing up too fast for Mommy. I can't wait to see all that you will learn and create. The new words you will speak and the new friends you will make. I pray that you will adjust to your new schedule and thrive on being in a new environment. This is a new adventure and you will have so much fun!

1 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

I love the new look of your blog!!! I hope Tobey did well Friday. We missed you tonight at the Bluebell & Bluegrass!