Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Chaos vs. Order

BEFORE NAPTIME:









AFTER NAPTIME:






There is a reason I am showing you pictures of my disastrous house. What is it about order that is so much more pleasing to look at or live in? I cannot stand when my house is in chaos. I can't think. I am unproductive. It immobilizes me. But when my house is in order I am much more productive and energized. This is true of my spiritual life as well. When I am not spending time with the Lord I feel confused, anxious, more tired, more grumpy, and just plain negative. But when I am in the Word it lifts me up, decisions come more easily, I am peaceful, and overjoyed. I couldn't help but relate this to the Fall Bible Study that I am in. It is an in depth look at Genesis focusing on the Creation. Last night our wonderful leader Janelle brought up the point that God created everything in a logical order. The whole time I was cleaning I was thinking of God and how everything He created was in a logical order. What if he had created all the animals first, threw man somewhere in the middle, and saved light for the last day. That seems so chaotic to me and less beautiful. But God established light and darkness first thing. That makes so much sense to me. And of course he saved us for last. The most intricate and detailed of His Creation. And the most loved. I am learning that order is very important to our God. He does not want us living a life of chaos. I am not just talking about having a clean house but I am talking about our hearts. Chaos simply means disorder, confusion, unpredictability. This is not God. He is order, peace, and has a Master Plan for His Universe. This is just the first week of our study and I am psyched about the Truths He is revealing!

3 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

Cassi, You are so right! This study is incredible. God is so logical, organized and in control. Thus the reason why we must feel so much more peace when we are in a relationship with Him. Less chaotic! I am so glad we are studying His power and sovereignty together!

Amanda said...

Great post! I could have done some great before and after nap pictures today, too. Thank You Lord for those 2 hours every day!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Preach it, Sister! And that's why amazingly everything in our lives falls in place when we are right with God.