Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Johnny Poppers

I have to tell you a secret. I want to be a farm girl/woman. I want to live on lots of acres in a big farmhouse with a wraparound porch and a red barn in the distance. I want to have horses, and cows, and pigs, and chickens. Think Charlotte's Web-that's me. I want to drive a Johnny Popper tractor. On my farm we would grow corn because well I love corn. I would make a big breakfast for my family every morning and we would all sit together around a big wood table. In fact we would eat every meal together-a meal that I had lovingly prepared. No husband rushing off to catch an airplane at 6am in the morning. I would bake apple pies and homemade biscuits like my grandma's. My jack russell could run free all day and sleep on the backporch at night. My little boy would have a whole world to explore in his backyard. A creek to fish and wade in. A tire swing hanging from the huge oak tree in our frontyard. We would catch fireflies at night and look up at the night sky and see millions of stars twinkling. I could wear jeans, T-shirt, cowboy boots, and a ponytail everyday and not feel guilty for it. There you have it. My secret dream. A simple life on a farm. Maybe some day .......

All this dreaming about farm life has given me the hankering to buy my boy some cowboy boots. Part of it could be that he is dressing up as a cowboy for Halloween and boots would complete the outfit. But mostly I think he would just be too cute. I have always loved seeing little kids in cowboy boots. So last week I looked around when I was out and about with no luck whatsoever. There are tons of cute cowgirl boots but I didn't find one set of cowboy boots. So then I got online and found these at Sheplers and they are so stinking cute but kind of pricey for kid boots. I'll be lucky if he gets a year out of them before his feet go up a size. So I put them in the back of my mind because they just didn't seem practical. Well, guess what came in the mail yesterday. A coupon for 33% off any one item at, you guessed it, Sheplers. I couldn't believe it. The last time we were in Sheplers was the Christmas before last when we bought a gift card for my father-in-law. 33% off sure does make these boots look much more practical. We may have to make a journey over to the store and fulfill a small part of my farm life dream. I will have to post pictures of my little cowboy later.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay! How cool that you got a coupon! Check this out: www.thepioneerwoman.com
You'll get a kick out of her site.

Vonda said...

I love it. We should be neighbor farm women...

Melissa can be our milk maid...

ok, so maybe shouldn't dare go near a cow with utters, but it is funny to think about...

Murrell Family said...

I love the boots...Joshua and Tobey will have to take a pic together as cowboys friends!

Janelle and Ella said...

I love your dream life. Mind if I join you?
Those are the cutest boy boots I have seen! I'm so happy that you get to buy them for Tobey!!