Wednesday, September 5, 2007

So Big, So Fast

Tomorrow my baby boy will turn two and I am beside myself with excitement and sadness and disbelief. It just doesn't seem right, that he should be two already. He is an amazing little boy who has changed our lives completely. He is all boy but he has this little tenderness that melts my heart. He has been melting my heart since the day he was born. The first time I held him, he stared deep into my eyes. I promise you it was love at first sight. I wrote a birthday poem for my little man and it is cheesy but I am feeling cheesy and sentimental and emotional at the moment.

Dear Tobey,

How did you get so big, so fast
My time with you is flying past
I wish that time would slow
And you my baby wouldn't go

I remember holding you close
rocking you, kissing your nose
for hours, I could sing
or stare at you my darling

But too soon you began to crawl
Then walking began that Fall
Now you can run, kick, and jump
And in my throat there is a lump

You are too busy to cuddle with me
Learn and explore is your philosophy
Sometimes I trick you with a book
and cuddle with you while you look

As much as I love these days with you
And long to see the man in you
I can't help but miss my baby boy
who has brought me so much joy

The years will keep coming fast
This little boy phase will not last
But I look forward to watching you grow
For time I cannot slow

I will pray for you everyday
That you will find His way
Discover His unfailing grace
And unconditional loving face

So Happy Birthday my sweet child
You are two and getting wild
You still bring me so much joy
And will always be my little boy

I LOVE YOU!!!

MOMMY





7 comments:

Amanda said...

Tears are stinging my eyes! This was so sweet. We are all allowed to be cheesy when it comes to loving our kids. Happy birthday, Tobey!

Janelle and Ella said...

Cassi, this is so incredibly sweet!! I am crying for you right now. I know how emotional this time is. Your poem was very touching. You're very talented. I hope you print this out for him, maybe frame it and hang it on his wall. :-)

pinkmommy said...

How darling! It is such a cliche, but they do grow up way too fast. I would love to put the Princess on slow motion sometimes, but she has only one speed and it is fast...and lots of fun!

Charity said...

That was absolutely precious!! I so need a tissue!!! I can totally relate! Landon will be two on the 22nd! This is my favorite age, no doubt, until the "terrible twos" hit! They are quickly becoming big boys and aren't babies anymore!
You really do need to frame that poem for him!!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Cassi...good writing! I feel your heart right now...I get like that any time I think of Ava turning any age, and at the moment the next one is 2! But more fun times to come with your precious boy!

Murrell Family said...

That is so sweet Cassi! Toby will love to read that one day.

Jackie said...

Oh I totally understand how you feel. Sara is 2 1/2 and I just moved her out of her crib into her "big girl" bed last night. I cried today when I took her crib apart. They grow up SOO fast- enjoy it!