Monday, September 10, 2007

A Birthday Miracle

I just spent the last hour (precious blogging time) trying to take my son's carseat apart because it needed a major cleaning. He got sick while we were out this evening and it was the worst ever. I am so drained right now. But I am amazed at God's love for me and my little guy. Tobey actually was trying to get sick last Thursday on his birthday. He was very grumpy all day long and I could tell he just didn't feel well. Runny nose, little cough, watery eyes. I thought maybe it was just allergies. I even dragged him around for his first haircut at a real salon as well as some birthday pictures. He took a three hour nap that day and when he woke up he felt much better. When his Daddy got home we went out for dinner and then to a softball game. Tobey had so much fun at the game. He got very excited when he saw his Daddy on the field. His birthday party was planned for Saturday and I was worried that he might be really sick the day of his party. The cough was worse on Friday but no fever and he was in a great mood. I earnestly prayed that God would keep any sickness away so that Tobey could enjoy his birthday celebration. He woke up Saturday in a great mood and no coughing. Hallelujah! The party was a great success. I know I had fun and I think Tobey did too. We had a great turn out and as always were very touched by the love of our friends and family. My only regret is that I didn't take enough pictures. After all I am a picture queen. I didn't even take a picture of the lion cupcakes I slaved over that morning or our very decorated sunroom or the wild safari hunt we had in the backyard. Oh well....it was a great day. I wish we could do it all over again. Oh wait, we will for the next 16 years.

Back to the carseat catastrophe. It really took me an hour to take that thing apart. There was seepage everywhere. It was pretty gross. But it will look like a brand new carseat when the cover comes out of the wash. Shortly after we got home I took little man's temperature and he did have a fever. By that point he was acting sick. I gave him some tylenol and put him to bed. He fell asleep in my arms before I finished the first book. His temperature has already come down. I wish he felt better but I am still praising the Lord that He answered my prayer and kept Tobey well so he could enjoy his swingin' safari party. Plus Tobey's two year checkup is tomorrow so I don't even have to try to get him an appointment. I already made it-weeks ago! My grandma and Tobey's granny has been staying with us since Saturday. She has been a big help this evening. She is such a good granny and Tobey loves her so much. She will be 78 years old on the 28th of this month but she still carries him around and gets down in the floor with him to play. He always takes to her so fast when she comes to stay with us. He must sense her many years of experience. She is going home tomorrow and we will miss her. I want to say more, I feel I have more to say but I am so tired at the moment. I will have to write about granny another day.

Eating some birthday pancakes!



Tobey hanging on to his very own softball at the game and playing at the playground during warm-up time

At least we got a picture of a cupcake and the two candles




Hanging out with granny post party

3 comments:

Charity said...

How sweet! I have been anxiously awaiting birthday party pics!! He looks so sweet with his big boy haircut!! It is so funny how grown up they look with a haircut! We have not been to a "salon" yet, my grandmother has been cutting it. Landon's just looks ok...he IS a moving target when she cuts it. How did Tobey do for the haircut??

Next Saturday is our big birthday party! I am so jazzed that his birthday is actually on that Saturday! I am sure it will be wild!!

Janelle and Ella said...

I'm imagining how cute everything was! Such a cute idea for a party!
I love his My Dad Is The Man t-shirt. Very fitting for Rodney's softball game.

pinkmommy said...

So glad he got to enjoy his birthday party! The princess has allergies, and they always hit right on her birthday. So far, every picture from all her birthdays shows a very runny nose.