Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Crazy Nights Continue....

Especially since we have added steroids to the mix. He has stopped waking up in the middle of the night but bedtime has been challenging. Tobey won't stay in his bed so we have to keep taking him back and warning him to not get up and he eventually falls asleep. He has gotten very sneaky about getting out of bed. I have found him in our bed reading a book, sitting at the bar eating a cookie, and hanging out behind my chair while I was watching T.V. This last one scared the daylights out of me. I got up and went into the kitchen and when I came back to sit down Tobey popped his head out from behind the chair. I screamed so loud. It was actually very funny. Some nights it has been almost 11pm before he is down for the night and then he is up at 7am. A few mornings I convinced him to get back in bed with me and sleep for an hour or so. When I got home this morning from work I found him fast asleep on the rug at the foot of our bed. Rodney was snoring and had no idea our child was asleep on the floor of our bedroom. I scooped him up and put him in bed with us. Crazy, Crazy, Crazy I say! He was actually in bed and asleep at a normal hour tonight. Hallelujah!

3 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Crazy! My time is coming, and I may keep Ava in her crib 'til she's in kindergarten!

Janelle and Ella said...

Oh my goodness!! Wow. That is crazy. Sunni's comment is funny! I may do the same with Ella.

Jake Kelley said...

Cassie...i know you are stressed out...but I cannot help from picturing you walking into the room and him reading a book in your bed....It makes me laugh SO HARD!! Or walking in and seeing him eating a cookie...right now as i write this i am laughing very hard!!! your family is the best!!!