Wednesday, June 6, 2007

10 Things I Hate, I Mean Love About Summer

The summer is upon us and I am less than thrilled. It has been extremely hot the last few days and it is only the beginning. I am a mild weathered girl and I love the fall and springtime. I am dreading the high temperatures we will reach as the days of summer progress. The heat also brings mosquitoes and if I step out for a second in the evening I return with several bites. What can I say, they love me and I hate them. So to sike myself up for the heat wave I am listing my 10 favorite things about summer.

1. SWEET ICED TEA W/MINT! Always tastes better in the summer and the mint adds a cool freshness.

2. My sweet sister always comes for a long visit in the summer and we spend our days swimming, watching movies, playing cards. It is the best! She lives in Birmingham so I only see her two or three times a year. I am trying to convince her to go to college here in Texas.

3. 4th of July! Absolutely one of my favorite holidays. I am excited to see Tobey's reaction this year. I can already hear him-"Whoa!". Whoa is his new favorite word.

4. Ice Cream!

5. Flip Flops. I live in Texas so I can pretty much wear them all year but flip flops are all I wear in the summertime and there are really cute styles that come out and they are so cheap.

6. Summer Reading. Reading is one of my favorite past times and I seem to do more of it in the summer. Probably because it is too stifling to go outside.

7. Ice cold watermelon! Again one of those things that just tastes better in the summertime.

8. Family Vacation. We are not going anywhere extravagant this summer but we are going to Corpus Christi. It will be Tobey's first time at the beach.

9. Swimming. I love to swim. I love being in, on, or near the water. But I need a new swimsuit this year and I am not looking forward to this shopping excursion. I am sure it will take all day and a good chunk of change to find one that fits me appropriately. I have been what some would say blessed with top-heaviness although I feel cursed.

10. Bright, sunny days that are contagious with joy (okay I am running out of things to love)

There they are. I am actually feeling better about summer although still dreading the whole swimsuit thing. God help me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I want to go to Corpus! It is my most favorite place in Texas. I have gone there all my life. My daddy was born there. How fun! The only good thing about me in a swimsuit on this cruise will be that on cruises there are people of all shapes and sizes and they don't care how they look...so I fit in right in the middle. I got a little dress to wear over the suit to the pool deck. Love flip flops too!! Just got some new ones at Target the other day!

Janelle and Ella said...

I love this list! So do you put fresh mint in your tea or a mint flavored tea bag? That sounds very refreshing, especially right now in the office since our air is not working currently.
Ella and I will have to come swimming with you and Tobey this summer!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I am also "cursed" with the top-heaviness...I did find a good suit in the Lands End catalog. And I love mint in iced tea---except I do unsweetened iced tea.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Oh, and also, we must get together soon so I can hear Tobey say whoa.