Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Coming out of the fog

The flu fog that is. No thanks to my wasted efforts of sleeping on the couch. I had a cough all week that I blamed on allergies and then I came down with a fever Friday night. Just two short days after my husband came home with a fever. Thankfully I was not at work because I was cancelled which is what happens when you are a nurse and the patient census is low. But I did go out with a friend to a movie and I probably exposed her as well as the theatre full of people. During the movie I started feeling bad. Chilled, extremely tired, a little nauseous. But I was drinking an Icee and it was late. By the time I got home I was shivering and my bones ached and my throat was sore. That is how quick this thing came on. This thing I am calling the flu. I can't even remember the last time I had the flu and by the way I had the flu shot. Obviously it did not work. I took some NyQuil and climbed into bed with my jacket on. I awoke the next morning and could barely lift my head off the bed. It was just awful-really awful. The last three days I have been in a complete mental fog. Today was the first day that I woke up headache free with some clarity about me. Now if I could just get my energy back and get rid of this nagging cough. Thankfully Tobey has not gotten it which is amazing. He does have a runny nose but that is not new for him so I am praying that he will be spared. And that my sweet friend Rebecca is spared. I will feel just awful if she comes down with the flu this week.

Well, I feel the need to disinfect my house during my moments of clarity so I am off to find the Lysol...

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry you were so sick! I hope you feel like yourself again when you wake up in the morning.

Janelle and Ella said...

I am SO sorry!! That really stinks. It's been about 5 years since I've had the flu that bad. I'm kind of expecting it to hit anytime now since everybody has had it. I can't think of someone who hasn't.

I'm glad you felt better this morning!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Terrible flu! Keep drinking that Nyquil and sleep it off!

Charity said...

BLESS YOUR HEART!! I am sorry you are sick! That is a terrible feeling when you have a 2 year old to take care of too!

I heard that the flu that is going around here is a strain that was NOT included in the flu shot!

I totally feel for you! I had the flu when Landon was 5 months old! My fever was 103! I have never felt so horrible!

I will be praying for you girl!