Monday, February 25, 2008

When I Grow Up

This weekend we went to see Elmo in his very own production called When Elmo Grows Up. It was pretty great. I think I was more excited than Tobey. On the way there I kept singing "I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us kid". Rodney just rolled his eyes and snickered at me. But it's true. I really am a kid at heart. I love doing all this kid stuff with Tobey. I still get sucked into Finding Nemo (which by the way is Tobey's new fave) even though we have seen it over and over. I had to tell Tobey that Nemo was tired and taking a nap today so that he would watch something else. Amazingly it worked. I was so excited for Tobey's first time to see a live production especially Sesame Street. He was awe struck to say the least. In just about every picture I took his little mouth is hanging open. He got over this after intermission and was a little more lively. He also had cotton candy for the first time and I am not surprised that he LOVED it. I loved it too! It was fun to be a kid again with my precious little man.


We tried to get Tobey to pose with Elmo and this is the best we could get.


As the show begins...


Tobey is awestruck.


La La Lala, La La Lala, Elmo's World!


Elmo's World was Tobey's favorite part. He had to get out of his seat so he could see Elmo better.




It doesn't really show up well but Tobey had dried blue cotton candy all over his face.

As we were walking out of the theater after the show was over, Tobey kept saying more, more. It was very cute. He just couldn't get enough Elmo. And I just can't get enough of him. I just asked him what he wants to be when he grows up. He replied without any hesitation...Nemo. Well of course. Then I asked him again just to make sure he understood the question but this time I said WHO do you want to be when you grow up. Again he replied without any hesitation but this time he said PawPaw. How sweet is that!

4 comments:

Charity said...

HOW STINKIN' PRECIOUS!! I love that picture with his mouth hanging open! Too sweet! We went to a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse live show last year. We didn't even have the Disney channel at the time, but he still enjoyed it. I think he would enjoy it even more now.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them! He looks like just a big boy in that last one!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Maybe next year for Halloween Tobey could be Nemo and Ava could be Dory. She loves Finding Nemo too!

Ava loved Elmo's World. I loved how Elmo typed on the computer.

Jennifer Sperl said...

soooo cute :)

I will make sure Kara knows you enjoyed meeting her.

I uploaded the pics from Jacob's party in a private gallery on my website in the family category?

Do you know the password? Email me if you don't.

jensperlphoto@gmail.com or jen.sperl@yahoo.com

Amber said...

oh how i wish we could have taken titus to this! he would have loved it! thanks so much for your sweet encouragement about sunday mornings! Thanks friend!